We all want to have a stress-free and seamless wedding day, right? RIGHT! No one wants to be running around, forgetting timelines, losing focus, and most importantly not enjoying the big day. So below I am sharing my 5 tips for helping you to stay in control and stress-free in order to treasure this special memory.
- Celebrate: After you first get engaged, your brain is running wild with the endless possibilities for your big day! Cherish that. Don't rush in to planning the day after you're engaged. You need to be able to celebrate and share this special news without worrying about diving too fast in to the crazy that is called wedding planning. Your engagement is a special time and you will only have it for a short while!
- List Out Your Vendors: Start by listing any and all vendors that you or your partner have been interested in, and start contacting them! Going down the list of vendors and checking each off the list is the best first step of the process. If you're not sure about who you think would fit your style, budget, and needs, contact your coordinator FIRST! We are here to help you with the process from the very beginning! Once your "team" is created it is so much simpler to begin the aesthetic process and nitty-gritty details that come along.
- Set Aside Allotted "Wedding Planning Time": Since wedding planning can sometimes be a very time consuming process, it's so important to remember to set aside certain times in the week to work on everything. For example, "Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be my days allotted to emails, appointments, cake tastings, etc.!" This will help you stay focused when you need to, and relax and decompress for the rest ;-)
- Make Time for Yourself: For the months leading up to your moment, it is so crucial to make sure you give yourself some alone time. Whether this means taking a small relaxing trip, catching up on old or current hobbies, enjoying some quiet time, etc.! You're about to spend your life with the person you love, so take moments to reflect on that, who you are and how this person, yourself and others have shaped you to be the individual you are today.
- Trust Your Coordinator(s): Sometimes it's hard to sit back and let go of the reigns... we get that! But we are trained and ready to handle anything that flies our way to ensure that your day runs as seamlessly as possible. We've seen all kinds of craziness that happens at weddings through the years, but that doesn't mean you have to too. Trust that we got it under control and have you and your partners best interest in mind!
Photo: Ash Carr Photography