"Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens! Bright copper kettles, and warm woollen mittens!" OK, so those aren't some of my favorite things (except for copper cookware!), but today I will be sharing with you a little about myself and what I love!
- Otters: Despite my name being The Wedding Rabbit, my favorite animal is actually an otter! I love their care-free, spunky nature, and how much they love the water! I had the opportunity to hold a baby otter when I was a kid, and to this day probably one of the best days of my life.
- White Cheddar Popcorn: Not only is this the best snack in the world, it is a must-have for me on days that I'm coordinating! It's pretty much all I ever want when I'm on the run!
- Pen and Paper: I love good old fashioned pen and paper! It allows me the creative freedom to write where I please, draw doodles in the margins, and sketch up a quick draft of a table-scape idea for a bride! You just can't do this with a computer!
- Jelly Belly Jelly Beans: You can call me "Kelly Belly Jelly" if you want.
- Nature: I love all things green and growing! Being outside is my happy place! If I had the choice, I would just be outside all day long! This year I started my first vegetable garden (I've been wanting to do this for years), and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. It was so much fun going to the garden everyday and literally picking my food for the day!
- Richmond: I was born and raised in Richmond, and I just love it! Richmond is so full of art, history, community, wonderful restaurants, and it's so diverse! I love that at any given time there is at least one festival to attend! Whether it be the Greek Festival, the Beer and Barley Fest, the State Fair, or (my favorite) the Celtic Festival! If you haven't had a chance to visit, please do!
- Flowers: There's just something sweet of having fresh arrangements around the house :)
- My Clip Board: My clip board is nothing special, but special to me! The one I use is just from Target, and I bought it 8 years ago when I first started doing events. I love that it's been loved and used and has been so reliable (the clip still works too)! ;-)
- Printed Photos: We live in a day and age where most everything is online or on our computers. But I still love to have photo prints! Being able to flip through photos whether in a book or in hand, is so wonderful and timeless!
- Making your day special!: I came in to this industry with the dream and desire to create events that are completely personal or unique to it's host! Growing up with my mother who is the master of tradition and attention to detail, I quickly became enthralled with the idea that I could help everyone to have a one-of-a-kind experience and event of their own! It makes me so happy to see that joyful faces of my wedding couples and their guests!
What are some of your favorite things?:)